- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 12 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely-chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced crystallized ginger
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Whisk together butter, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, molasses, milk, fresh ginger, vanilla, cranberries and crystallized ginger in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake 60 to 75 minutes at 325 degrees, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack; let cool ~15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!