Crabmeat Frittata with Tomatoes and Herbs
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced basil (chiffonade)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over to remove cartilage
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy and season with half the salt and pepper.
- In a nonstick 10-inch skillet, cook the garlic and shallots in the olive oil for 1 minute over moderate heat.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, and thyme, raise the heat, and continue cooking until most of the water from the tomatoes has evaporated.
- Stir in the crabmeat, season with the remaining salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute to heat through.
- Stir the eggs into the skillet.
- Over high heat, continue stirring with a wooden spoon while simultaneously shaking the pan back and forth over the flame.
- The eggs will begin to form small curds.
- Continue stirring and shaking until the eggs are set but still somewhat soft on top.
- Loosen the frittata from the skillet with a rubber spatula and slide it onto a large dinner plate.
- Cover the frittata with another dinner plate and invert the plates.
- Slide the frittata back into the skillet and continue cooking over high heat to brown the other side, about 2 minutes.
- The cooked frittata should be golden brown on both sides.
- Carefully transfer the frittata to a large dinner plate, cut into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-taught home cook who reads cookbooks like a novel. Then I try out all different nationalities of recipes, especially the more complicated ones...I love a challenge! I entertain often and enjoy cooking for others more than for myself. If my friends and family are happy eating my cooking, then I'm ecstatic!