Crab-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, of your choice
- Sauté vegetables, excluding bell peppers, in margarine.
- Mix with crab meat and breadcrumbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (If dry, add a small amount of water).
- Stuff bell peppers and cover tops with cheese.
- Bake 350°F for 30 minutes.
Join The Conversation
This recipe was great! However, as a few others mentioned, I tweaked it just a little. I added 1 egg white and a tablespoon of light mayo to moisten it rather than using water. I also added freshly chopped basil and parsley. I left out the cayenne pepper and no cheese on top. I used canned lump crab meat and seasoned bread crumbs as well as real butter instead of margarine. I put the mix into mild and hot banana peppers. They were a huge hit! Will definitely make again!
This was excellent. First time ever that I worked with crabmeat. Used the really good stuff; fresh from the seafood dept at Wegmans. I did not add celery or onion. I used these really small sweet red and yellow peppers. After making them, I topped with shaved locatelli cheese. They were to die for. However, they were missing something very faint... which would not have been a problem had I added the onion. I will make these again, but be sure to add the onion and celery. Oh, I also used butter instead of margerine and I used minced roasted elephant garlic. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!!!