Couscous Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
- Ready In:
4-8 cabbage rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons black olive paste
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese or 1/8 cup asiago cheese
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute garlic in butter over med hi heat, add dry couscous and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in water, cover and remove from heat. Leave aside covered for 5 minutes.
- In large pot with 3 inches boiling water add cabbage leaves that have had 3" of thickest vein cut out. Cover and allow to soften in steaming water.
- Remove leaves from water and lay out on flat surface.
- To couscous add tempanade, basil, sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan or asiago cheese. mix well and distribute on to each cabbage leaf.
- Fold sides and roll couscous mixture into leaves setting each into a bread pan. Cover with marinara then mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!