Courgette and Green Pepper 'sabzi' (Tori Aur Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 pinch ground asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole brown mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄4 lbs courgettes (560g, peeled and cut into 4-cm or 1 1/2-inch long and 1-cm /1/2-inch thick fingers)
- 1 large green pepper, about 7 oz (200g)
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or a bit more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala (or 1 pinch of cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- Pour the oil into a large pan or wok and set over a medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, put in first the asafetida and then, in quick succession, the cumin and mustard seeds. As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop, a matter of seconds, add the courgette and the green pepper. Stir and fry for five minutes.
- Add the yoghurt, and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed (It will curdle, but the dish will look nice at the end).
- Reduce the heat to low and add the coriander and salt. Sir for a minute.
- Add the chaat masala and toss. Taste for balance of flavours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!