Country Waffles With Maple Pecan Butter
This recipe is from www.marthawhite.com
- Ready In:
MAPLE PECAN BUTTER
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- In medium bowl, combine butter and syrup; Heat waffle iron.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk and oil; blend well.
- Add flour; mix well.
- For each waffle, pour batter into hot waffle iron.
- Bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown.
- Serve waffles with maple pecan butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were wonderful waffles SouthernBell2627. I really enjoyed them, they were very quick and easy to make. Just the way I like them, crispy on the outside and tender inside. I loved that the sweetness came from the maple syrup. The butter, maple syrup and pecans create a wonderful topping. Thanks so much for sharing.Reply