Country Style Lamb
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean boneless lamb shoulder, cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup stock or 1 cup water
- In a large frying pan, add oil and butter, and brown meat slowly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the anchovies, garlic, fennel seeds, lemon peel and vinegar.
- When meat is well browned, pour off some of the fat, add salt, pepper, and pour the anchovy mixture over the meat.
- Mix well and continue cooking until vinegar is almost all evaporated.
- Sprinkle flour over meat, stirring to blend well.
- Add stock (or water), stir until very well mixed.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve as is or over pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married (46 years to the same lucky guy) and have 2 kids, a daughter 41, a son 36, and 2 beautiful grand daughters (8 yrs and 6 yrs). I have always enjoyed cooking and baking, especially breads :) One of my favorite quotes:?? Computers are like air conditioners; they stop working when you open Windows.