Cornflour Butter Cake
photo by ByNDii
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cornflour, sieved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, partially melted partially solid
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to about 170 degrees Celcius.
- Beat vanilla, butter and both sugars well, add the egg and continue beating until nice and creamy.
- Mix in the corn flour and baking powder and slowly add the milk, mix gently until combined and then beat well again - I like to alternate between high speed and low speed.
- Pour into a cake tray and bake for approximately 40minutes or until when poked through the poker comes away clear with no residue.
- Serve warm, spreaded with butter :).