Corn on the Cob; Stays Hot and Fresh
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 4 sweet corn cobs, husked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- cold water
- Use only COLD WATER in a large pot.
- For every four cobs of corn add 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 Tablespoons vinegar to the water. DO NOT PUT SALT IN THE WATER.
- Bring water to a boil uncovered.
- Add the husked corn on the cob.
- Cook for 6 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove corn as desired to serve, leaving the rest of the cobs in the water.
- Reduce heat to simmer. The corn, left simmering in the hot water, will stay fresh for hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>