Corn and Black Pepper Scones
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, black pepper and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Using a fork, stir the creamed corn and beaten egg in to the flour mixture, just until blended.
- Spoon all dough onto the center of a large, ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using floured hands, shape/pat dough into a 9-inch round (dough will be sticky).
- Bake scones 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, transfer scones to wire rack to cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Cut round into 12 wedges and serve warm.
- To reheat scones: wrap loosely in tin foil and place in a preheated 350°F oven for about 15 minutes or until warmed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family enjoyed these. They were a HUGE hit with my DD who ate 2 of the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. First time I've ever made any kind of scones, and they came together very nicely. Easy and fun. The dough has a nice light texture, but not too crumbly and just a hint of sweetness. I think I didn't put in enough salt and pepper because I felt they were lacking just a bit in the flavor department. I will measure those more carefully next time, or consider adding something extra like cumin. Overall a success and will be making these again. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married (46 years to the same lucky guy) and have 2 kids, a daughter 41, a son 36, and 2 beautiful grand daughters (8 yrs and 6 yrs). I have always enjoyed cooking and baking, especially breads :) One of my favorite quotes:?? Computers are like air conditioners; they stop working when you open Windows.