Copycat Taco Bell Quesarito
photo by EmKenBken
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, for taco meat
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, grated
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 dashes chipotle hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 8 flour tortillas, 10 inch size
- 1 1⁄3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Make Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, set aside 1/1/3 cups for Quesaritos. Reserve the rest.
Make Red Rice:
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding tomato paste, paprika, and salt to water before rice.
Make Nacho Cheese Sauce:
- In a large saucepan over medium, heat oil. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion has softened about 5 to 7 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk, tomato paste, and vinegar, until well combined; allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine grated cheeses, Place a fine mesh strainer over the bowl containing the cheese. Strain milk mixture into the bowl. Discard solids from strainer.
- Using a wooden spoon stir cheese mixture until smooth and saucy. If cheese doesn’t melt completely, set bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until cheese melts and mixture comes together.
Make Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
- In a small bowl stir together Creamy Chipotle Sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide shredded cheddar and 1/2 of Nacho Cheese Sauce between 4 tortillas, top with remaining tortillas forming quesadillas. Working one at a time, wrap each quesadilla in a layer of damp paper towels; microwave on high until cheese is almost completely melted 2 to 4 minutes. Dividing between all four, roll each quesadilla burrito - style around Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, rice, remaining nacho cheese, Chipotle Sour Cream and sour cream. Rest seam side down after rolling.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high. Place Quesaritos in skille and toast on each side, about two minutes each side. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!