2. Combine flour with baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine eggs and sugar with electric mixer for 1 minute on high speed. Add water, milk and oil and mix until combined.
4. Pour wet mixture into the dry stuff. Add food coloring, and mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
5. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto waffle iron and close. Cook for 1 minute, then carefully remove waffle and cool. Waffle should not have browned, repeat with remaining waffle batter.
6. When waffles are cool, seal them up in freezer bag and freeze.
7. When preparing waffles to eat, cook as with originals: In a toaster on the lowest setting until browned. You may have to break or cut waffles in
half so that they fit all the way into your toaster.
Tibits: Here are the minor adjustments you can make to the above recipe to create clones of three other Eggo varities.
Use 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup buttermilk 3/4 cup water.
Add 3/4 cup dried and chopped blueberries to the basic recipe batter. Stir in blueberries after combining wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
WHOLE WHEAT WAFFLES:.
Use 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour. Also, increase water to 3/4 cup.