Cookie Dough Hummus
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon Agave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, seed**
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- - Pour the hot water over the raisins and cinnamon. Let stand for 10 minutes, then strain, and set aside raisins.
- - In a food processor, process until smooth the applesauce, peanut butter, vanilla extract, honey, canola oil, and ground flax seed.
- - With the motor running, slowly add the garbanzo beans, drained raisins, instant oatmeal, and coconut. Process until the mixture is smooth or to your desired consistency*.
- - Chill in the refrigerator for at east 2-3 hours, over night is best.
- *if you want the consistency a bit smoother, consider adding some of the water from the soaked raising.
- ** As a good substitution, i use "Naturally More Peanut Butter" it's a natural PB made with flax seeds- if you use this, omit the flax completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i'm a total foodie! i love food and i'm always on the look out for new easy healthy recipes! i'm always trying out new recipes on my boyfriend, or bringing them to our LSU tailgates!