photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
1 1/2 cups
- 16 large plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and peeled
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side up, in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and thyme.
- Drizzle evenly with oil.
- Bake, without stirring, for 4 hours. Tomatoes with shrink and get deliciously soft and melty, but will not dry out.
- Pack in a jar covered with a little more oil and store in the fridge up to 1 month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"