Cold Tuna or Chicken Macaroni Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light or lowfat)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni, cooked & drained (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water or (6 ounce) cans white chicken meat, drained
- 2⁄3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, lemon juice, salt and tabasco sauce; blend well.
- Add macaroni, tuna or chicken, celery, onion and green pepper, mix well; over and chill 2 hours; toss the salad before serving.
- Suggestions: Use a different pasta, such as rotini or penne rigate.
- NOTE: prep time covers the chopping of veggies and cooking of pasta only; cooking time covers the assembly of the salad and chilling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!