This is low carb with added protein.
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces coconut milk (or two portions homemade see my recipe)
- 1 -2 tablespoon protein powder (from goat's milk preferably)
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder (or your preferred sweetener)
- 10 -12 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender on high speed until well combined.
- You may add more or less ice, depending on how cold you like a smoothie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've made one similar to this but for one serving: <br/>1/2 can coconut milk (can use light, but it's better with full fat), <br/>2 to 3 Tbsp carob powder (cocoa if you can have it), <br/>5 drops liquid stevia, <br/>pinch of salt, <br/>1/2 cup water, <br/>6 ice cubes. <br/>Add a 1/6 of a banana if you want it to taste like a Chocolate Monkey. <br/><br/>You can also add a hand full of spinach (can't taste it), <br/>protein powder (I use goat milk protein powder as well)%u2013it does taste a bit chalky, but that's the nature of protein powders, <br/>or a scoop of Vega (http://shopca.myvega.com/vega/Vega-Nutritional-Products/vega-energizing-smoothie-natural-pouch). <br/>MCT oil would be good to add too. <br/><br/>It's like a chocolate milkshake but no sugar, not a tonne of calories and full of healthy fats. <br/>BTW, fat doesn't make you fat, sugar and carbs make you fat (the reason why diets like Atkins work).Reply