Coconut Cherry Muffins
This is one of those no effort required recipes. If you're partial to coconut and short on time these quick and tasty muffins give satisfying rewards. Sophisticated tastes however, look the other way!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup glace cherries
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Sift into a large bowl flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar finally adding coconut.
- Cut cherries into pieces.
- In separate bowl whisk egg, milk, vanilla extract and oil until smooth.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add egg mixture, stir until just combined.
- Add cherries being careful not to overwork the batter.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Topping. Mix remaining sugar and coconut, sprinkle evenly on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375 (Gas 5) for 20-25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION