Coconut Adobo Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 lb shelled deveined shrimp
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat coconut milk, ginger and garlic to boiling over high heat.
- Add tomato, lime juice and shrimp.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions and top with almonds.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!