Clean Eating Tuna Casserole
photo by TattooedMamaof2
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large stockpot filled with water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and carrots, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat another large stockpot over medium-high heat. Mist with cooking spray and add celery and onion. Saute for about 5 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add oil and flour and whisk briskly. Add milk, whisking in 1/4 cup at a time. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in Dijon. Then stir in drained pasta, carrots, tuna, peas, and dill. Remove from heat.
- Pour tuna pasta mixture into a large 8-to 10-cup casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!