photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks, thinly cut into half moon
- 2 cups white onions, finely chopped
- 8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks and onion; cook until translucent about 15 minutes. Add potatoes, broth, freshly ground black pepper, sea salt, tarragon, basil and lemon juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 30 minutes.
- When time is up, turn off the heat, give a good stir and let it cool off a bit before puréeing with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in heavy cream and adjust seasoning if needed. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and cover with wax paper. When cool enough cover with a lid (leave the wax paper to prevent skin formation) and transfer to the refrigerator for 24 hours or until chilled.
- Just before serving, add a dollop of sour cream garnish with crumbled cooked bacon and fresh chives.
- Note: Submerge peeled potatoes in cold water to prevent from browning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!