Classic Macaroni Salad - Made Lighter!
This is a great recipe for healthier macaroni salad. Very creamy and lots of flavor. Great side dish to burgers, such as Greek-style turkey burgers, recipe #13285.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise (low-fat is good too)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 dash paprika
- Cook macaroni according to directions, drain and rinse with cold water and let cool completely.
- Combine mayo, pickle relish, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper to make dressing.
- Mix together pasta, celery, carrots and onion; then gently mix in dressing; stir to combine well.
- Garnish with sliced egg and dash of paprika.
- Chill completely, serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation