Classic Layered Salad
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (1 10 oz. package)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup crumbled cheese (Kraft Natural Three Cheese Crumbles)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh tomato, cored and seeded
- Layer lettuce, onion slices, peas and bacon in large straight sided clear glass serving bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and sugar.
- Spread over salad to seal.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Top with cheese crumbles and tomatoes just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very pretty, tasty salad to take to a pot-luck dinner. I made it as directed, but found I had to double the dressing to fit the top of my glass bowl. I used cherry tomatoes, halved, but other than that followed the recipe to a tee. I loved it and it keeps nicely for the next day if leftover. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a recently retired San Diego trial attorney and wanna-be professional chef-restauranteur. Why am I so passionate about cooking? I don't know. What I do know is that those who don't cook are missing out on one of life's truly enjoyable experiences! I have a collection of whimsical signs posted above my workbench at home, one of which states: Love people. Cook them tasty food. How true.</p> 8727975"