Clam Satay (Ashmore and Cartier Islands)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1 lb clam
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Boil the clams until the shells are just open. Let cool and remove the meat.
- Mix the clams with the shallots, sweet soy sauce, lime juice and salt and pepper. Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Place the clams on skewers and grill over hot coals until heated through, basting with the marinade. Don't overcook!
- Serve with Indonesian fried rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">