1. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat saucepan, add chopped bacon and cook for about a minute (until just barely cooked).
3. Add the oil to the saucepan and sweat the onion (diced) until just before clear. Add the garlic (minced) and cook for one minute. Add the sweetcorn and the white wine and reduce to three tablespoons of liquid.
4. Add the cream and simmer for two minutes.
5. Remove the sauce from the heat and add the egg yolks, stirring well until the sauce thickens slightly.
6. Add the clams and spaghetti.
7. Pile onto a plate to serve and garnish with a wedge of lemon. Add Red pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.