Citrus-Marinated Mushrooms (Cooking Light)
This is a really easy and delicious recipe. Fresh citrus and sweet, sour, and spicy Asian flavors put a new twist on mushroom salad. If mushrooms are very large, quarter them. Marinating overnight intensifies the taste. From "Cooking Light" Magazine, (January 2006).
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 lb mushroom, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in orange rind, oils, and lime rind.
- Combine vinegar mixture and mushrooms in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Add parsley; toss to combine.