Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread from Scratch
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (100-115 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- Active yeast in the warm water with the sugar, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, oil with the yeast.
- Use dough hook on mixer for 5-6 minutes. OR if by hand, flour a surface and hand and knead for 7-10 minute -- til elastic like.
- Coat a large bowl in oil, place dough in and flip to coat so it doesn't dry out, cover with clean dish cloth.
- Set in a warm place (60-80 degrees) to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours, or til doubled in size. I usually turn my oven on for 2 minutes on the lowest setting then turn off and use it to raise my dough.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat butter, brown sugar and water.
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Once dough is risen, punch down. Make small balls of dough about 2-3cm in diameter. Coat in sugar-cinnamon mixture, placing in a bundt pan, and repeat til all your dough is gone.
- Pour heated mixture over dough balls, bake for 25-30 min at 350.
I registered on Food.com just so I can rate this recipe - 5 stars! I really wanted to make monkey bread because my daughter has never had it. Nearly every recipe I found online used pre-made biscuit dough. I don't like doing that - I like to make my own. This recipe is perfect! And the turnout was delicious! The only thing I did different was add vanilla extract instead of water to the caramel sauce. Very easy to make, too! Thank you!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My passion lies with computers, but I share a love for healthy foods that make me feel good and still taste good.</p>