Cinnamon Date Cake
This cinnamon date cake from the Middle East is full of flavor! It's the perfect ending to any meal or excellent alongside a cup of coffee for a afternoon treat. Take this cake to your next get together or special occasion, but be prepared to be asked for the recipe all night!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, place dates and add water just to cover. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Drain dates and place in food processor. Blend until dates have a paste-like consistency.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients and mix gently with a fork. Add butter, eggs, and warm dates. Beat with hand mixer until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Pour ingredients into a greased and lightly floured metal pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until inserted knife or skewer comes out clean.