Ciasteczka Z Czekolada (Polish Chocolate Sandwich Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour (pre-sifted all purpose)
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered icing sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter (creamed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- Cut the butter into the flour and rub with fingertips.
- Add rest of ingredients and knead dough a few minutes; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out 1/2 thick and cut out small cookie circles.
- Bake on a buttered cookie sheet in a moderate 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- Make filling - beat the eggs with sugar
- Add the butter in small portions beating at low speed, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread one teaspoon of filling over 1 cookie, cover with another ( the amount of filling per cookie varies with cookie size)
- Refrigerate one hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Saskatchewan where hospitality and food go hand in hand. Community suppers, Beef Pit Barbecues, Church suppers, potlucks, tea and bake sales, booths at the curling and hockey rinks in winter, the ball games in summer. What is truly the spirit of Saskatchewan is that these events are for most part the efforts of community volunteers sharing their time as well as their best make and takes. Small communities along with the larger centres across the province are well known for their turkey suppers, cabbage rolls, perogies and overflowing dessert tables. Homemade of course! <br /> <br />I love preparing meals for my family and friends and in the sharing of good recipes be they mine or that of another. My posted recipes are recipes that are family favorites. My reviews here on Zaar allow that I have been most fortunate in the choosing of the recipes I have made. Without doubt we all love those over the top desserts and dishes to serve on special occasions and for those fives are a given. For me equally important are the recipes used in the daily meal preparation. Recipes enjoyed by my family be it a simple soup, salad or casserole are right up there with the 'over the tops' and share equal billing. Yes five star ratings ... if my family enjoyed, I would serve to invited guests, take to a pot luck, coffee hour or bake sale. <br /></p> <p>Aside from cooking and baking I admit that my interest in gardening exceeds that of the norm. I collect cookbooks, my favorites being the community and church cookbooks that have everyone sharing their favorite recipes. Enjoy yard sales on occasion but tend to keep my hands in my pockets, cannot completely resist when it comes to the glassware, baskets and of course cookbooks. I take great pleasure in reading with non fiction being my first choice when it comes to the choosing.</p>