Chunky Chocolate Bars
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 350 g chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 400 g condensed milk
- 225 g chocolate hazelnut chocolate chip biscuits or 225 g your favourite biscuits, broken
- 165 g mixed dried fruit, of your choice (eg raisins, dried peaches,dried apple, dried apricots)
- 50 g your favourite nuts, roughly chopped (eg hazelnuts, macadamias, cashews, slivered almonds, pecans etc)
- Line a 28X18cm cake tin with clear film (cling wrap).
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water or microwave.
- stir until mixed.
- pour the condensed milk into the chocolate and butter mixture.
- beat with spoon until creamy.
- add the broken biscuits, fruit, nuts.
- mix well until all combined.
- tip the mixture into prepared pan leaving top rough.
- cool then chill til set.
- lift out of tin using the clear film and then peel off.
- cut into bars and serve at once.
- leave refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well I have two gorgeous kids a 2 year old boy(soon to be 3) and a 9 mth old girl, so I have been very lucky to have one of each! I remember growing up and eating the most yummiest food that my mum would cook for us so I am carrying on the tradition and starting my own favourite recipes for my family to grow up on and this is where this great website comes in! I love to travel, go to the beach, animals, going to theme parks, zoos etc, art and crafts the list goes on. I am currently a stay at home mum living with my partner and enjoying every minute of bringing up my beautiful babies.