Christmas Casserole Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- flaked coconut (additional for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in extracts. Stir in the dates, coconut, and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased deep 2-qt baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven; stir with a wooden spoon (batter will appear moist and sticky). Place baking dish on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, roll batter into 1-inch balls. Roll in additional coconut; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not too sure how to rate these...what an interesting recipe! I thought the method was pretty cool; when I pulled them out of the oven and started stirring DH said "I did NOT expect you to do that" LOL. I think next time I will cut back on the sugar, maybe, as these were a tad too sweet for my taste. The flavor is yummy, sort of reminiscent of pecan pie filling. I just have trouble getting through more than a bite or two without getting over sugared. These will make a neat addition to my Christmas goodie bags, though, as I know lots of folks who love their sweets. Thanks for posting! Made for New Kids on the Block.