Chori-Queso - Queso Con Chorizo -
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package mexican chorizo sausage, sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) asadero cheese, shredded (or use Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn tortillas or (8 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Remove the chorizo's case and heat it in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon off most of the fat. Slice cheese into 1-inch cubes and place half in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with half the chorizo, the green peppers and remaining cheese. Top with remaining chorizo.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until creamy and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Top mixture with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately using a spoon to serve on the tortillas. Mmmm -- delicious.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I learned how to cook since I was young helping my dear Mom in the kitchen. Also like to combine ideas or ingredients from different recipes to create some of my own, so my dear husband and my family enjoy what I cook.