Chocolate Walnut Pie
photo by Diamond of Californ
- Ready In:
1 nine-inch pie
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups Diamond of California® toasted shelled walnuts
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Position rack in lower third of the oven and preheat to 375°F . Stir the butter and 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips in a heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool until warm.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Whisk in the butter mixture. Stir in the walnut pieces and the remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Bake until filling is set and crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool. (Pie can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover loosely and keep at room temperature.).
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!