- Ready In:
- 4hrs 2mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (I use Hershey's)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put milk through cocoa in a medium saucepan, cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a slow boil and sugar is dissolved Lower heat and simmer about 2 minutes, stirring mixture a few times (watching for burn/ boil over), stir in vanilla- set aside to cool Pour cooled mixture into a freezer safe covered container and freeze.
- Place frozen mixture in a blender, blend to a slush.
- Freeze any leftover portion.
- Note: I use my coffee grinder to get a finer grind of the sugar, not powdered, just a fine grind.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice easy cold dessert. I experimented with splenda instead of sugar and while it was ok, I would recommend the sugar instead. (If you do use splenda I would use more. Mine was slightly bitter, though I do like bittersweet tastes so that was ok.) I want to try it with peppermint extract. If you make it with sugar it is 3 WW points a serving, and with splenda it is 2. So next time I'm going with the sugar! Thanks so much!