Chocolate Peanut Butter Volcano Cookies
photo by moonpoodle
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter in a separate bowl. Then add vanilla extract and egg.
- Slowly, add the try ingredients to the wet until combined.
- Shape the cookie dough into balls about 1 inch big. Place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation in each cookie.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Once melted, whisk chocolate together with other "filling" ingredients.
- Place about half a teaspoon of filling into each cookie indentation, trying not to run over the sides. Pinch the sides of the cookies together so that each cookie is nearly closed and you can't see much of the filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies are good - but they sure are a lot of fuss for an average tasting cookie. I didn't think the cookie dough was nearly sweet enough. I thought that the cookies might be balanced out by the chocolate filling - but it didn't really happen. My cookies were done in the recommended 15 minutes cooking time but the filling got a crackly look to it. I was able to get 3 full dozen from this recipe & had a lot of the filling leftover.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a nerdy girl who likes reading, video games, music and cooking. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">