Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Fitness Guru
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl beat butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs on medium speed until well mixed.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, until well blended. Stir in cocoa.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Whether you consider this a chocolate cookie with peanut butter or a peanut butter cookie with chocolate, you are in for a treat. Following in the footsteps of the previous reviewer, I too added a handful (or so) of chopped peanuts and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Really, the cookie needed no adornment, but the extras made these over the top decadent and a perfect addition to my holiday trays. Now to hide them until the tins are packed. Made for the "I recommend" Tag Game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!