Chocolate Pavlova With Raspberries and Cream
photo by Cupcake-Princess
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- whipped cream
- fresh raspberry
- grated chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, draw a 9 inch circle with a pencil on the paper, flip over paper so that the pencil makes don't touch the meringue.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed beat egg whites until satiny peaks form, then beat in sugar a spoonful at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny. Sprinkle vineger, cocoa, and chocolate over meringue. Gently fold everything together until cocoa is mixed inches.
- Mound the meringue onto the parchment paper within the circle, smoothing the top with a spatuala. Place in oven, then immediatly turn down tempature to 300 degrees and cook for about 1 hour. It should look dry and crisp on top, but look gooey inside. Turn of the oven and open the door slighty, let the pavlova cool completley in the oven.
- When your ready to serve, invert meringue onto a big plate, peel of paper, and top with whipped cream, raspberries, and grated chocolate. Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't really like to cook that much, but I love to bake. My favorite thing to do is bake yummy homemade cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and more. I enjoy eating bake goods as much as making them! I have a sweet Miniature Schnazer named Oliver that we adopted from the animal shelter. I like to collect old cookbooks, the oldest one I have is from 1913. My favorite magazines are Bon Appitite and Martha Stewart's Every Day Food. I just became a Certified Nursing Assistant. Around my house i'm known as the pissed off baker because when I bake you better stay out of the kitchen!!!