Chocolate Mint Pudding
- Ready In:
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint leaves (about 1/2 ounce)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- mint sprig (optional)
- Heat milk over medium-high heat in a small, heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat; add mint. Let stand 15 minutes; strain milk mixture through a sieve into a bowl, reserving milk. Discard solids. Return milk to pan; stir in sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Return pan to medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk until mixture thickens.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl; gradually add half of hot milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add egg mixture to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thick. Remove from heat; add vanilla and chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Pour pudding into a bowl; cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Chill. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!