Chocolate Malt Brownies/Malted Milk Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
MALTED MILK GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Melt chocolate in pan, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cream butter, add sugar and vanilla, beat in eggs, then blend in melted chocolate, set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and malted milk powder.add this to chocolate mixture, stirring well.
- Fold in nuts.pour batter into a greased and floured 8" square pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Brownies should be moist.
- spread malted milk glaze over brownies.
- to prepare MALTED MILK GLAZE:.
- combine all ingredients and mix well.stir in additional milk if necessary to give spreading consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The recipe says to add eggs and flour, but does not specify amounts. I used 2 eggs and 1 cup flour, and I cut down the malted milk in the brownies to 1 cup. Baking about 28 minutes produced a cake with sunken middle, but it was still good. For the glaze, I melted the 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, added dash salt, and cut the sugar to 1/2 cup., then added the 1/4 cup malted milk powder. Thinned with 1 - 2 tablespoons milk, it made an easy-to-spread glaze. the recipe as written sounded more like a frosting than a glaze. I wish recipe writers would proofread what they have written to make sure they have included ingredients--like eggs and flour!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking, and reading Christian fiction..I have 5 grandchildren..4 boys and 1 spoiled granddaughter...I also have a black cocker spaniel named Tobey..who is very spoiled..Love computer games, cross stitch and reading cookbooks..I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia almost a year ago, on September 26, 2005....was in an out of the hospital for 8 months, doing intensive chemo...I am doing well now, thanks for all the prayers...