Chocolate Freckle Ice-Cream Cake
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream (Streets Blue Ribbon re-freezes well)
- 200 g butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 400 g dark chocolate, chopped (make sure it's good quality)
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 250 g ladyfingers (sponge finger biscuits, Zaar defaults to ladyfinger)
- 2 (175 g) packets hundreds and thousands
- Remove ice cream from freezer and stand for 10-15 minutes. Ice cream should be just softened but not melted.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mixture may curdle but that's ok :-).
- Combine chocolate and cream in a bowl and microwave, stirring every minute, until melted and smooth. Add to butter mixture and beat until smooth.
- Sprinkle 1 packet of hundreds and thousands over base of a line springform cake pan (7.5 x 25cm base). Carefully spoon over half the chocolate mixture so as not to disturb the sprinkles.
- Cut biscuits in half lengthways to make 2 thin, flat fingers. Arrange in a single layer to cover chocolate mixture, trimming if necessary. The easiest way to do this is to lay them pointing from the edge towards the centre, and then fill the centre with smaller bits (great if some of them broke while being halved).
- Spoon vanilla ice cream over biscuits. Press another layer of biscuits into surface of ice cream and pour over remaining chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with remaining hundreds and thousands.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze overnight or up to 4 weeks. Remove from pan and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Member of Team L, Zaar World Tour III 2007 <embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5001P-blue.swf?TimeZone=AEST&Place=Geelong,+Aus&DateFormat=d+/+MMM+/+yy+DDD&TimeFormat=h:mm+TT&" width="300" height="25" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> I'm a stay-at-home mum in outer Geelong, SE Australia. I live with my husband and our two sons aged 2 and 8mths, plus a cat, a black lab and countless toys, books and general clutter which I'm s-l-o-w-l-y getting control over day by day (with the help of FLYLady). I waste far too much time on the internet (my PC's on most of the day), but at least with Recipezaar I can tell DH that I'm doing something useful eg looking for a new way to cook potatoes or a recipe to use up extra lemons hehehe! <img src="http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q138/mswarzie/banner2.gif" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <embed src="http://www.flylady.net/images/flylady_125.gif">