Chocolate Cherry Coconut Slice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 150 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cherry Filling Ingredients
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 200 g red glace cherries, chopped
Chocolate Topping Ingredients
- 200 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 60 g butter
- Make base first by combining butter & sugar in a bowl. Sift the flour and baking powder over the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a large spoon, press the mixture into the base of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown colour.
- To make the filling combine the coconut, condensed milk and eggs in a bowl. Mix well. Stir in the glace cherries and spoon the mixture over the warm base.
- Bake another approx 20 minutes or until golden brown in colour and firm to touch.
- Allow this to cool completely before adding the topping.
- To make the topping combine the chopped chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute with a metal spoon until the mix has almost melted. Stir until smooth and pour the topping over the filling and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- N.B. Slice can be sprinkled with extra coconut if desired sprinkle on just before the topping sets completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!