Chinese Oyster Soup
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 dried mushrooms, soaked in 1/2 cup water 15 minutes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced on diagonal
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, sliced on diagonal
- 1⁄4 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 4 ounces oysters, drained
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut in thirds
- 4 green onions, diced (with greens)
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine (optional)
- In a pot bring beef stock, mushrooms with liquid, celery, carrots, bamboo shoots, and ginger to a boil; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add oysters ( I add the liquid ) and snow peas.
- Cook 3 minutes more.
- Turn off heat; add green onion and sherry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"