Chinese Chicken Wrap
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced celery
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced yellow onions
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce, trimmed to fit inside the tortillas
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (I use spinach flavored if available)
- In a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken; toss to coat; marinate for 15 minutes.
- Let the oil heat in a big non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the celery, carrot, and onion.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste; cook vegetables, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Clean out the skillet and return to stove burner.
- Heat the skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch over the chicken and add the chicken to the skillet.
- Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the pan juices have thickened.
- Add the vegetables, green onion, cashews, and hoisin sauce to the skillet; stir to combine.
- Line each tortilla with a lettuce leaf.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce.
- Wrap up burrito style and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!