CHILLED ROASTED PEPPER SOUP
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, ground
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 bell peppers, roasted, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roasted, seeded and roughly chopped
- 5 vine tomatoes, blanched and quartered
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, ground (or to taste)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon agave nectar, if needed
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped (for garnish)
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil and clarified butter. When hot, add onion and sea salt; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Add roasted peppers and blanched tomatoes to onion mixture. Add rosemary, basil, cumin cayenne and black pepper; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add vegetable broth, heavy cream, balsamic vinegar and lime juice. Using an immersion blender, process the mixture until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator until cold. Serve with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with fresh chives. Makes 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!