Chile Relleno Breakfast
photo by Mika G.
- Ready In:
- 4 flour tortillas (7-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease four 10-ounce custard cups.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with the melted butter.
- Nestle each tortilla into one of the custard cups - forming "bowls".
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, flour, salt and pepper; put half of this mixture into another small bowl and set aside.
- To the remaining half of the cheese add eggs, chilies, garlic and onion; distribute evenly into the tortilla "bowls".
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Great with fresh fruit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh boy, this was sooo good! I had some leftover flour tortillas from two nights ago and used that to make this. The only addition I made to this recipe are inclusion of cumin and cheddar cheese besides the monterey jack cheese. We loved these and very easy to make too. I can see many possibilities with this one such as addition of other greens like spinach in the mixture. Thank you for posting this! Made for ZWT 5.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been a member since 2001.