- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blend shortening with dry ingredients.
- Add water.
- Mix well, knead lightly.
- Let dough rest, covered, in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 to 8 pieces. Keep the dough covered until it is used.
- Take a piece of dough and roll it into a flat circle no more than 1/4 inch thick and cook on a non-stick griddle or lightly greased iron griddle over medium-high heat turning the bread once.
- They should have dark speckles on one side and dark spots on the other.
- Serve them warm.
- They are often torn into pieces and dropped into the broth with the boiled meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am Oglala Sioux I am 5'4 123lbs I been cooking since I was a kid with my mother and grand mother...My name Otaktay is sioux it means (one who kills many) I would love to share my recipes with you:) have a great day:)