Chickpeas and Kale in Spicy Pomodoro Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick, tasty, and healthy recipe rom foodandwine.com. I couldn't get fresh marjoram at our local (rural) supermarket so made do with adding a bit of dried marjoram at the beginning, but it was still plenty delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 28 ounces can tomatoes, crushed by hand (Italian, whole peeled)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- 8 ounces kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- basil leaves, torn, for garnish
- marjoram leaves, torn, for garnish
- pecorino romano cheese, finely grated, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very fragrant but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper and a generous pinch of salt. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break down and the sauce is thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Stir the kale into the sauce and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Spoon into bowls and garnish with torn basil and marjoram leaves. Top with finely grated pecorino and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION