Chicken with Red Lentils
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the lentils and stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir through the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- While lentils are cooking, season the chicken with cumin.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook chicken until cooked through.
- Serve over lentils.
- Lamb or fish fillets can be exchanged for chicken in this recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The lentils took longer to cook than 10 minutes. I had to keep adding chicken stock to them to get them cooked. They were still crunchy after 30 minutes of cooking. I omited the cumin and added fresh basil to the mix and I cooked fresh spinach with the chicken. The taste was decent, but overall I wasn't as pleased with the meal as I had hoped.