Chicken, Wild Rice Broccoli Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Wash wild rice in three changes of hot tap water; drain. Add rice, salt, and water to saucepan and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until rice is tender and has absorbed the water, about 30 to 45 minutes; for al dente rice, drain after 30 minutes. Rice should be tender but not mushy. Some kernels will be open, and others will be just tender. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in large heavy pot. Add the onion and mushrooms, sautéing for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken broth. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Place the vegetable mixture into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Add flour and cream; blend until smooth. Return pureed vegetables to pot.
- Heat to simmering and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken and wild rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!