Chicken, Thyme and Shallot Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices streaky bacon, finely sliced
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 9 ounces brown button mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 2 ounces parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until just crisp. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the chicken thighs on all sides (this will take about 5-10 mins) then transfer to a large casserole dish, sprinkle with the flour and set aside.
- Add the shallot halves, the garlic and the mushrooms to the frying pan and brown for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish then pour over the white wine. Add the thyme, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook on a low heat for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream, warm through, without boiling then serve garnished with the chopped parsley leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)