Chicken Tangine With Almonds
This is a fairly simple chicken tangine recipe. The recipe came chef Angela Shelf Medearis. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus additional as needed
- 2 -3 lbs chicken, quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, garlic, ginger, saffron and cook briefly until the garlic is golden.
- Slowly add 1/2 C of the water to the sacue in the skillet, then add the chicken pieces. Add water until the chicken is partly covered. Add the coriander and cover the skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and arrange on a serving dish.
- Increase the heat to high and boil the sauce until reduced by half, stirring often. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1 T of butter. Add the almonds and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Spinkle the browned almonds over the chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION